2nd Or 3rd Year Apprentice
Electricians are highly hands-on and are involved in day-to-day work with electrical systems. This may include installing and repairing electrical networks in industrial, domestic and commercial settings. In this role your daily activities will include: testing, repairing, installing and maintaining electrical circuits and wiring.
Electrician Apprentice Job Summary
Our team seeks an Electrician Apprentice to learn on-the-job under the supervision of a journeyman electrician. The apprenticeship will teach you how to assess and repair electrical problems on commercial or residential job sites. As an Electrician Apprentice, you will complete both hands-on projects on job sites and coursework in a classroom setting. To start, your duties will include basic cleaning and maintenance tasks and progress to more skill-based tasks as you gain experience. You may need to register your apprenticeship or apply for a license if our state requires it.
Electrician Apprentice Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist a journeyman electrician and follow instructions
- Prepare and clean work areas
- Carry and deliver materials
- Install, repair, and maintain various electrical wiring systems and equipment
- Use measuring equipment and hand tools to perform conduit work
- Follow safety codes and building regulations
Electrician Apprentice Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of electrician training program preferred
- Able to diagnose problems using electronic test equipment
- Knowledge of NEC electrical codes
- Eagerness to learn electrical schematics and blueprint reading skills
- Drug Free Work Environment
- Background Check May Be Required
- Company Vehicle Provided During Work Hours
Job Category: Electrician Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Meredith NH
J.W. Electric Works Within The Lakes Region of New Hampshire and Surrounding Areas. Local Applicants Who Are Familiar With The Area Are Preferred.
Please Submit Your Application Below. No Phone Calls Please. Applicants Will Be Contacted If Selected For An Interview. Thank You For Your Interest In Joining Our Team!